Monday, January 16, 2012

A Work Day

While some of you may have had a day off today, I woke up as normal and headed to work. Honestly, working today wasn’t ALL that bad. It always stinks waiting for the metro outside for more than 3 minutes on a cold day, but that’s life.

No, today was a good day, a productive day. And, if I stayed home I probably would have just watched TV.

Instead I went to work, picked up my Subway Art (and a frame), and added a little more personality to the apartment.

IMG_1040

Then it was dinner time. Tonight I simply just went with it. I knew I wanted pasta and had Baked Tofu I wanted to use. All of a sudden I had a fantastic dish, Italian Tofu Mushroom Gorgonzola Pasta.

IMG_1043IMG_1044

Ok, the truth is I am trying to use leftover ingredients from Jenna’s  Baked Polenta with Mushrooms Gorgonzola Cheese and Tomato Sauce. I made it last week but never blogged about it. Oops! For all intense of purposes I included the baking the Tofu into the recipe.

So instead, tonight I bring a similar but very different dish.

Italian Tofu  Mushroom Gorgonzola Pasta

Ingredients: serves 4 to 6

  • 1 12 oz. block of Extra Firm Tofu (pressed)
  • 2 tbsp. of Oregano
  • 2 tbsp. of Garlic Powder
  • 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 jar of Trader Joe’s Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
  • 1 lb. of Penne Pasta
  • 1 cup of diced Mushrooms
  • 1 cup of crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese

IMG_1045

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

3. Slice Tofu into 1/2 inch rectangles. Wrap cookie-sheet in Tin Foil and spray with cooking spray. Line Tofu on sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 of the Oregano, Garlic Powder and Parmesan Cheese. Bake Tofu at 350 degree for 20 minutes.

4. Turn Tofu and sprinkle of the remainder of the Oregano, Garlic Powder and Parmesan Cheese. Bake for another 20 minutes.

5. Take out of the oven and cool.

6. Boil water. Once it comes to a rolling boil, add Pasta.

7. Cube Tofu and add to a pot. Pour Pasta Sauce over Tofu and add diced Mushrooms. Heat on medium heat and stirring occasionally.

8. Once the sauce has warmed and about 5 minutes before you are finished cooking add in Gorgonzola Cheese. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes.

9. Strain pasta and add to pot. Mix pasta and sauce.

10. Serve and enjoy!

IMG_1046

Did you have to work today?