Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fashion Forward?

Before we talk about me mad fashion skills (note the sarcasm), let me first say I love living in DC for the crazy things that happen here. Today, my coworkers and I had the opportunity to climb on our office roof and watch the Discovery Space Shuttle fly overhead on a 747.


How awesome is that?!?! It was definitely WAY cooler in person. Pictures just did not do it justice.

Now on to fashion, I will never claim to be the most fashion forward person, ever. But in the past year or so, I feel like I have finally learned how to dress myself. Ok, that’s a lie, I have started shopping with friends who are really good at shopping (with coupons and deals) and teaching me to dress myself like a working professional.

So while I do not intend for fashion to take over my blog, I do plan on including a few more pictures of the outfits I wear on a daily basis.

This past weekend, before Jay arrived, Lauren I went shopping again. When we went shopping 2 weeks ago, we were given Super Cash from Old Navy. We couldn’t resist!! Plus both of us were boy-less that morning, so a quick shopping trip was in store!

Thankfully, I didn’t go too overboard, only bought things for work (well except for a new pair of Sperry’s) and got some great deals, like this outfit, below.

IMG_1327 (480x640)

Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Old Navy
Shoes: X-Appeal via Rack Room Shoes
And the best part, the entire outfit cost less than $50.

What great deals have you found lately?
What do you consider work clothes?