Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Cookies Day 2

It was freezing in DC this morning!!! So instead of a easy 20 minute run, I jumped on the stationary bike for about 30 minutes. Okay, it was supposed to be 20, but I got a little wrapped up in my current book, American Wife by Curtis Sittenfield. Tomorrow is a day of REST and I am hoping for an easy twenty on Friday before the race Sunday. It is supposed to rain Sunday, so please do a "Rain, Rain, go away, come again another day" dance for me!

I am glad I signed up for two races this month. Otherwise, I think I would be a million pounds due to all the cookies!!! It is sad (but also a nice reflection of my baking skills) that the Peanut Butter Treats are gone!!! Thankfully, I put a few aside for my boss and the girls.

My second cookie recipe of the Christmas Cookie Series are Chocolate Chunk Shortbread.

I was very excited when I saw this recipe with the other Taste of Home Christmas Cookies. Mostly because I already knew this recipe!!! When I went to school in Boston I learned that to make shortbread you only need four things:

3 parts butter
2 parts confectioners sugar
2 parts cornstarch
4 parts flour

So, you can imagine how thrilled I was that my traditional recipe was also someone else's!!!

For the recipe on Taste of Home, click here, but don't forget to enjoy my pictures below!

Instead of placing the cookies as little balls on the cookie sheet, I had Jay press them down with the flat bottom of a glass.

These are by far my favorite Christmas Cookie! Though, the Peanut Butter Treats come in a close second!

Now, what to do with all the cookies?!?! And, we still have at least 2 more days!!!!

What is your favorite Christmas Cookie? and Will you do a "Rain, Rain, go away, come again another day" dance for me?