Thursday, January 12, 2012

Goals for What’s Left of January

Yup, we are more than a third of the way through January and I haven't set any goals for the month. Ooops! I guess I got a little preoccupied by my 2012 resolutions and traveling that I forgot to think about what I want to accomplish this month.

This month I am focusing less on fitness and more on the other things that fill my days. Since the New Year I have already read three books. This morning when I was thinking about this post I vowed to finish the Hunger Game Trilogy this month, but honestly I would be surprised if I am not done by Monday.  

image(source)

So instead I am going to try to read six books this month. That will put me well on my way to my resolution of 20 books and provides a bit of a challenge. I normally don’t absorb book so quickly unless they are Harry Potter or apparently the Hunger Games.

IMG_1026

Besides reading, I also want to finish my Index Card Journal. I first saw this idea on Iowa Girl Eats and am honestly impressed with my self for starting it. I have my cards made through May and have successfully written something on each day. Now I just have to finish!!

runningo number

So my last goal is fitness related… In January I simply want to complete all my training runs for the USA Rock ‘N’ Roll Half. I have three left, a 6, 7 and 8. I am pretty sure I can do it, even though it is supposed to be freezing this weekend.

 

What are your goals for this month?