Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mary’s (err- Cooking Light’s) 20 Minute Soup

I am one more day closer to feeling more human. I am so glad this cold attacked me now instead of closer to the marathon. Not that feeling under the weather is ever good timing, but I have to say it picked a great week. I am also so glad we worked in some extra wiggle room into our schedule. I felt less guilty only accomplishing 10 miles this weekend.

Which brings me to another point. I no longer know how to categorize my runs. I am sure other long distance runners feel the same way. 10 miles is soo far, but right now with all our other runs it is just another run. Pathetic right?!?!?!

So with that I am starting a little blog challenge for all my lovely readers at home. I want you all to run a 5k with me on Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods. Not a runner? Well you have a little less than 9 weeks to train and I have the perfect program for you, the Couch to 5k. Good Luck!!!!

IMG_0478

On to the delicious Spinach, Pasta, and Pea Soup Mary made us for dinner. This 20 minute soup from Cooking Light was delicious, I was shocked when she made it in the amount of time it took me to figure out rent and write the check. Pathetic on my end right?

IMG_0475

To accompany our soup we had grilled cheeses. Nothing says it’s Fall like soup and grilled cheese. As much as I loved the summer months, I have missed warm soup!

But for serious, go check out the soup, then the Couch to 5k, then go visit our engagement pictures. In backwards order.

Where will you be running your Turkey Trot?