Thursday, June 14, 2012

Selecting our Officiant

Selecting our officiant was very painless process. I went on to Elkridge Furnace Inn's preferred vendor list and searched the Internet for reviews. In the end I liked Laura Cannon the best.

For all vendors, as a bride I greatly appreciated well maintained websites and social media. Laura's website has a lot of information on what to expect for her on my big day, she has great reviews through wedding wire and she was super fast at responding to all my inquires and questions.

Without further questions, Jay and I set up a phone consultation. We knew we had to book Laura when she told us she does Triathlons. At the time, we had just started marathon training and we really loved how active and young she is. She was great on the phone and super nice so we booked her.

Months and months later we finally meet with her in person to create our ceremony. I knew right away we made the right choice. We spent about an hour discussing what we invisioned our ceremony to be and talked about our lives a little. Our meeting was fun too! which is always a bonus. As much as wedding planning can get stressful, I am so glad that the majority of our meetings have been fun and enjoyable.

Overall, we are very glad we booked Laura and are looking forward to our big day!

How did you book your officiant?