Thursday, April 21, 2011

I <3 Trader Joe’s

Yes, it’s true, I less than three TJ’s.

This week has been a little crazy with wedding venue searching, work, Jay’s finals and the inevitable life as we know it. I think our recycling pile sums up ho everyone in the apartment’s plate is simply overflowing.

P1030356

With so much to do and so little time, I decided tonight would be the perfect night to make one of my favorite spring/summer pastas, Summer Sausage and Broccoli Shells.

P1030361

Serves 4: Cooking time under 30 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 a package of Trader Joe’s Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage
  • 1/2 a package of Trader Joe’s Sweet Basil Chicken and Turkey Sausage
  • 1/2 a box of box of Pasta Shells
  • 2 crowns of Broccoli
  • 1/2 White Onion
  • 3 cloves of Garlic
  • 3 tbsp of Olive Oil
  • Parmesan Cheese to Garnish

P1030355

Directions:

  1. Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
  2. Once the water is boiling, add pasta and cook for 6-8 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, heat Olive Oil on high, mince garlic and onion and add.
  4. After 2-3 minutes add chopped sausage.
  5. Once the sausage begins to brown, add chopped Broccoli.
  6. Reduce heat and cover until pasta is finished or for 4-5 minutes.
  7. Once cooked, strain pasta and add to broccoli/sausage mixture. Stir until combined.

P1030357

And, you have yourself an easy, hearty but nutritious dinner!

Please note I made that the pictures are of a double batch, which makes the perfect amount for dinner and lunches the next day!!

P1030361

And of course I ended the evening with Mini Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches… from Trader Joe’s. Only 120 calories for two!!

P1030364

Did I mention that I <3 Trader Joe’s?

What is your favorite Grocery Store and why?