Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My vegetarian pasta

Wow, have I been on a vegetarian kick!

Last night I made a vegetarian dish loosely based off a dish my roommate made and Emily's Green Bean Pasta Salad with Chickpeas.

This dish includes chickpeas, zucchini, diced tomatoes and fresh spinach. No onion, because I couldn't find it when I made dinner.

Lately, I have been on a fresh spinach kick, but you can use frozen too. I also have been wanting to use zucchini. One great thing about our new roommate is she cooks so differently than I do. It is nice to see what she creates and try to incorporate her ideas with mine!

Usually I do not combine the pasta and topping (sauce?) so that I can choose how much or how little topping I want with every meal. Tonight I mixed it due to the craziness of this week.

For my portion, I choose to lay some chopped fresh spinach under my pasta and topped my plate with fresh tomato and Parmesan cheese.

And two close-ups. I posted both because I liked how the fork caught my flash in the first one!

What a great dinner!

And, I get to eat it all week!