Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bringing your lunch AND dinner to work

This is what it looks like when I bring both lunch AND dinner to work.

Let me break it down for you!

Around 10 a.m. I have fruit for a mid morning snack. Today I had fresh green grapes. If I am hungry, I sometimes also have my cheese stick before lunchtime.

For lunch around 12:30 p.m., I always have a salad. I prefer romaine lettuce, cucumber, red pepper and some sort of cheese or meat. Today I added had Parmesan cheese, croƻtons and broccoli. I usually do not use dressing, but we had an individually wrapped light Caesar dressing.

My afternoon snack is typically some type of yogurt around 2:30 p.m. I love to budget, therefore my yogurt choice is based off which coupon I clipped that week. This week I am enjoying Dannon Light&Fit for 40 cents a pop. I am so excited for Greek yogurt and granola next week, I just cut a coupon for it on Sunday!

And, TJ's natural oreo type cookie.

Tonight's dinner was leftover chili with cheese and chips. This is a nice example of an individual frozen leftover. We made ground turkey chili a few weeks ago to go camping. A nice trick I learned from my mom was freeze it before leaving on your trip so the chili acts as an ice pack during travel but thaws out enough to be reheated for dinner.

Since tonight is yoga night, I will probably also have some sort of light snack when I get home. We have lots of fruit...

And below is everything packed up in my lunch box! It was hard to zip close this morning.

Off to Yoga!

Do you pack your meals or eat-out on a hectic evening?