Friday, March 23, 2012

7.5 Mile Run

I went to bed really early last night. Ok, maybe it wasn’t THAT early for me, but I consider being I bed by 8:30 p.m. a WIN.

Yesterday I didn’t feel my best, so I skipped my cycle class and relaxed. I wanted to conserve my energy for my long run this morning. Thankfully, it worked!!

I hopped out of bed (ok that’s an exaggeration) and hit the trail. I was very surprised at how well the run went. I even managed to get a few fartlek’s in throughout the run.

image

I was particularly surprised considering I did NOT run with music (resulting in photos from my library… sorry!). I haven’t run without music since marathon training this past fall. I guess I had a lot to think about this morning.

The view was gorgeous too! Not as bright and sunny as above, but the combination of the fog and cherry blossoms was beautifully eerie.

image

What made this run even better was I actually lifted weights as soon as I got back to my apartment building. Yes, yes I did.

I guess such a great start to this Friday means I’ll have a fantastic weekend. And maybe you will too.

Have a great weekend everyone!!