Thursday, January 5, 2012

Gamecocks win the Capital One Bowl

On New Years Day, Jay and I left Orlando and headed toward Charleston, South Carolina to visit Jay’s parents. Since this was a whirl wind trip, we decided to make it a “friends tour”. Sunday evening, we headed downtown to grab a beer with my friend Ben. Sadly, I did not take a picture :( It was soo great to see him. I can’t believe its been 2 1/2 years since we last saw each other.

Monday, Jay and I slept in and enjoyed breakfast at his parents before heading to Columbia to watch the Capital One Bowl game with friends.

IMG_0935

It was a lot of fun to catch-up with friends while cheering our favorite team to victory. Go Gamecocks! It was also kind of weird since we were just in Orlando. In fact, Bri and Charlotte actually went to the Bowl Game. So jealous!!! But so glad we decided to stop in Columbia to see college friends. It’s amazing how much I miss these girls!!!

IMG_0933

After the Bowl Game, we headed to a cupcake place in The Vista. I was super impressed with their Nut Allergy Sign. It definitely reminded me of Bri.

IMG_0936

And before we know it, we were saying more good-byes and getting back in the car. It may have taken a little trial and error, but we finally figured out the perfect driving times. Leaving South Carolina at 5 p.m. puts us in DC right around midnight. I love driving without traffic. Plus, we got this pretty view of Richmond, all lit up.

IMG_0944

Do you plan trips around traffic?