Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Truth: I am a Pinterest Addict–Wedding Addition

Last week’s post is already soo outdated.

My friend Bri sent me a Pinterest Pin of a beautiful pair of light blue shoes. Suddenly I realized that Pinterest is a great way to organize my thoughts. I love Google Reader and the star feature, but lately I have found that it is hard to organize my thoughts. Add in all the e-mails I have sent to myself and sorted into my “Wedding Ideas” folder and I have a real mess! Oh and did I mention all the places you can store ideas on theknot.com?

Now with Pinterest I can easily pin my favorites to Boards that I can consult later.

image

Just today I started a number of Boards, including: Wedding Ideas, Wedding Photography (yes Dani, I’m stalking your blog yet again), Books Worth Reading, Home Decorating, Recipes To Make and Recipes I Love. Plus there are a few more Boards I have up my sleeve.

But tonight I wanted to tell you about my new Wedding Ideas Board via Pinterest.

image

The best part of my Wedding Ideas Board is I can change it whenever I want. While I love that I have my original inspiration board to look back at along the way, it is also nice that I can change my look as we plan.

Speaking of my look, I realized I gave you an inspiration board without telling you my wedding colors. My wedding colors according to David’s Bridal are:

marine

No surprise that my main color in Navy (or what David Bridal’s considers Marine). My secondary colors are Clover (or a light green), Sunbeam (or pale yellow) and White. Currently I think I may go with more Yellow and White accents since I want a timeless look with a hint of Green. Or more accurately I am obsessed with Young House Love’s Lemon and Lime Centerpieces. And of course this could (and probably will) change.

imageimage

click on the pictures for their source

Regardless, I feel more in control of our wedding feel now that I can pin all my ideas in one place!

How do you organize your thoughts? How did you choose your wedding colors? and Are you on Pinterest?