Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine’s Day continued

Yesterday, Mary and Jay had class until 7:00 p.m. This did not allow Jay the time to make dinner as he planned for Valentine’s Day, so instead I made us Mama' Pea’s Quinoa Stuffed Peppers.

Tonight, Jay insisted that he make Mary and I dinner. And I have to say he did a mighty fine job making us Stir Fry (with a little help from his friends).

In his Stir Fry mix:

  • Cous-cous
  • Chicken
  • Green Beans
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Peppers
  • Onion
  • Teriyaki Sauce

P1020605

Besides a glorious dinner, Jay and I also went on a nice 3 mile run this afternoon. The weather has been just gorgeous in DC! It has been so nice to go running without having to bundle up!

Tomorrow my college roommate Nancy arrives. I plan to squeeze in BodyPump tomorrow evening and then no planned workouts until she leaves on Sunday (but plenty of walking around DC). Keep your fingers crossed that Jay and I have a successful 6 miles Sunday. Training is so hard with all the travel we have planned this spring.

Jay and I have made a deal that we are going to keep our Fall relatively travel free so that we can properly train for the Marine Corps Marathon. One week until registration!

Did you celebrate Valentine’s Day on another day besides the holiday?

Which races are you excited to sign up for? Do you try to lighten your travel schedule around training runs?