Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August Rush

What happened to July? I feel like the summer is flying by! 

IMG_0053

I have not done a goal post for a month, but after reading a few other’s posts I decided it is about time that I hold myself accountable. I used to write down monthly goals in my planner but have lost that habit since entering the “real world”. I think it’s time to bring back an old habit in a new fashion, on my blog.

My weekends are super packed this month causing me to stress out a little. I love to travel, see my friends and be generally busy, but I need a weekend every month to just chill. With the marathon quickly approaching I feel like every moment is jam packed therefore I need to make sure I relax when I can and maybe even schedule some “me” time.

With no further adieu, here are my goals for August:

Sleep I am NOT fun when I don’t get a full nights sleep. With all of my commitments this month and training, sleep is going to be my personal priority. Sorry Glee, but I will not be able to watch another episode before going to bed. I am going to try and stick to a strict 10 p.m. bed-time most evenings. My only exception, the night before my “off” weekend day. One problem with summer training is early wake-up times. 

run 9.2

Weekday Training Runs I have been very bad about my runs during the week. The original plan was to run one 45 and one 60 minute run each week. Monday was the first day in our training that I actually ran for a full 60 minutes during the week (scary right?). My goal is to complete 3-60 minute runs and 4- 35 minute runs. I would love to say 45 minute runs, but let’s be realistic!

Practice Yoga Jenna posted yesterday about a 21 day Yoga challenge. I have decided to join her in the challenge but with a little modification. I used to practice Yoga at least 2 times a week. That all stopped when I started going to BodyPump. This morning was my first morning back in forever (it’s been so long that I can’t even tell you the last time I went). A new instructor took over the morning classes, giving my Yoga practice a chance. Plus as long a I pend 5 minutes practicing I’ll count it! My modification, I am going to try practicing Yoga 21 days in the month of August, because knowing me and my travel schedule, it will not happen everyday.

DSCN6451

100 Push-ups I downloaded the 100 Push-up App last month and have not been very good about using it 2 to 3 times a week. That is all going to change, NOW. My goal is to get up to 36 consecutive push-ups this month.

Run up the steps like rocky!! This has been on my Bucket List since high school. I am attending the Healthy Living Summit in Philadelphia later this month and have decided this will be it! So Theresa, consider this fair warning and my only demand for this trip.

Me time I am not always good about setting aside time for myself. This month I want to have “me time” for at least an hour a week. This will not interrupt or be considered sleep, but can be categorized as Yoga, reading, Glee, relaxing by the pool etc. The key to “me time” is that I do something I enjoy on my own but not because I have to.

IMG_0032

Looks like I have a lot of relaxing, some running and sleeping to do this month!

 

What are your goals for August?