Monday, December 20, 2010

Another sick day

I had the best intentions to go to work today, but with Christmas around the corner and my body's lack of excitement to get out of bed at 6 a.m. I decided to stay home. And slept until a little after 11 a.m.

Yes, I got about 14 hours of sleep last night... I can't remember the last time I slept that long. I am feeling slightly better today, and am hoping to go back to work tomorrow. My internal debate is "what time to go to bed tonight?" I am thinking about crawling in at about 8 p.m. This would give me a full 10 hours.

Besides sleep, my day included oatmeal, soup, water and lots and lots of tissues.

Some tea was thrown in there too (and tissues).

And Airborn... Airborn is always in our apartment as I have found the vitamin and mineral boost has helped me to get over a cold quicker. I have been having two of these a day. Unfortunately, it isn't working as quickly as I wish.

Lastly, my sick days are filled with Pride and Prejudice, the BBC version. I mean who doesn't love a little Mr. Darcy? Plus this version can occupy me the entire day. LOVE IT!

What is your favorite Sick Day movie?

I also enjoy Little Women... maybe I will fall asleep to that!

You are probably wondering why the picture of a remote and Playstation controller. Well, our living-room TV has a Playstation instead of a DVD player. Until Alissa's Birthday, I had never tried to watch a DVD in the living-room. I was pretty successful then (without a lesson!). Today, it took me a couple more tries... maybe Alissa was right, I do need a lesson...

Happy Birthday Alissa!!!