Monday, February 21, 2011

Sous Chef Sarah

Unfortunately, Friday I could just tell I was coming down with something. I drank an Airborn and hit the day running. Saturday, I was hopeful, I didn’t feel that bad. And then Sunday it hit me. After spending two entire days in bed, tonight I actually feel a lot better. With my upcoming work trip, I am taking no chances! I already e-mailed in that I will be in late and made instructed Jay as he made me some Home-made Chicken Soup.

DSCN6755

Millet Chicken Soup

  • 6 cups Chicken Broth
  • 1/3 cup chopped Onion
  • 1 cup Millet
  • 4 Chicken Tenders
  • 1 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 2 cups chopped Celery
  • 1 cup chopped Broccoli
  • 2 cups chopped Carrots
  • Black Pepper
  • Basil
  1. Pour the Chicken Broth into a large pot. Rinse Millet. Add the Millet and Onion to the Chicken Broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
  2. Chop Chicken into bite-size pieces. Sauté in oil over medium heat until slightly brown.
  3. Add Celery, Broccoli and Carrots to broth after 15 minutes. Also add the Chicken when cooked.
  4. Season with Black pepper and Basil.
  5. Bring soup to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes or until soup is thick.
  6. Serve and Enjoy!

DSCN6757

Good thing I bought all those veggies at Costco! The last of them made their way into this delicious soup!

What is your favorite sick day recipe?