Monday, January 17, 2011

Katie Lee's Mediterranean Pasta

This evening was a little hectic as we originally planned to go see The Social Network at Arlington Drafthouse.

Jay was nice enough to stop by Trader Joe's to pick up the missing pieces of our dinner before dropping by work to pick me up. Once we got home, I quickly changed and headed out for a quick a quick 3 mile run before it started to snow.

The best part of this run was the finish, I walked into the apartment and Jay had started to make dinner!!!

Isn't he AMAZING?!?!?! On the menu tonight was Katie Lee's Mediterranean Pasta

The recipe was pretty straight forward, which we always appreciate. The only part of the recipe, that we had issues with was the part where you add the reserved pasta cooking water. We added a little too much!!! So beware, add it slowly, tablespoons at a time.

I think Katie Lee says it best about this recipe:
"This recipe is so good, if I do say so myself. It was one of those things that happened by accident when I had nothing to make. The taste is fresh and clean and is a terrific summer pasta". - Katie Lee
Oh and if you were wondering, we did not end up seeing The Social Network tonight because it was SOLD OUT!!! It was $1 movie... but still... For tomorrow, we got smart and reserved our tickets ahead of time!

What did you have for dinner?