Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rachael Ray's 37 Minute Meal

Tina at Carrots 'N' Cake is doing a Cookbook Challenge till the end of the year. Since I just bought a new Rachael Ray's Look + Cook Cookbook at the Metropolitan Cooking Show, I thought I would participate.

The first recipe I choose was actually the one of the three she demo-ed for us at the Metropolitan Cooking Show, Halibut with BLCT.

I made a few substitutions... I choose Flounder (at $6.99 a lb) instead of Halibut (at $19.99 a lb). I would have preferred Cod, but our Harris Teeter ran out :(

The other substitution I made was Baby Leeks instead of normal Leeks. My only regret is I wish I had bought twice the amount of leeks.

Now to the real test! This meal was located in the "30 minute meal" section, so I thought I would put it to the test.

Ready! Set! Start your microwave clock!!!!









And..... Time!
Not too shabby!!! 37 minutes total cook time! I was pretty impressed. The only problem with timing myself is that I felt rushed the entire time I made dinner... oh well, it was delicious!

Have you ever made one of Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals? How long did it take you?