Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Parents Come for a Visit

Saturday, my parents drove down from Baltimore to visit. Last year when they came, we walk around Old Town, did some Christmas Shopping and had a nice dinner at the Union Street Public House.

This year we decided to mix it up and visit the National Museum of the American Indian because they hadn't been there yet. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the museum, but here is a pretty picture of the Washington Monument during a winter sunset.

Saturday was also the day that the USC Gamecocks played in the SEC National Championship. Unfortunately, we lost :(

It was pretty clear early in the game that our team was not going to pull through, so I made Jay my classic Sausage and Peppers.

The recipe varies every time I make it depending on what I have in the apartment. Tonight I made this recipe similar to this post, except I used Hillshire Farm Sausage and Rotini Noodles and added in spinach. I have found that during the holidays Jay and I just don't get enough vegetables. The added spinach is my attempt to counter-act the sugar. ;)

And, boy was it delicious!!

I have been baking away today!!! Look forward to lots of cookie posts this month!!!

How do you counter-act all the Holiday food?