Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Freezer Food

This morning I got up bright and early to eat some pavement.


I think my running shoes missed the great outdoors.
And, I know my body did. I always feel like I get 100% more out of running outside than I do on an elliptical or treadmill. Even this morning, when it was 33 degrees outside, my run felt invigorating!


The only problem, it was pitch dark... good thing Jay went with me!! And, I have a head lamp. Uber dorky? YES! But more than necessary!! I think I may reverse my schedule in January so I am not dependent on Jay's presence for runs. Tomorrow will be my first afternoon run in a while. I'll let y'all know how it goes.


When do you run? Do you run outside in the harsh winter? Do you run in the dark? If yes, do you use a headlight?


After a nice little walk to deposit all my holiday money :) Jay and I prepared some frozen food for dinner. This isn't your stereotypical freezer food, this was homemade freezer food. A few weeks ago I made Rachael Ray's Turkey Meatloaf Burger from her new Look & Cook cookbook. It was delicious!! But it also served 4 people. Since there are just 2 of us, I froze the remaining 2 burgers. The original burgers were HUGE. So last night I put one of our frozen burger in the fridge to defrost. I split that sucker in half and re-molded and pan fried for about 4 minutes a side and VIOLA! 4 meals out of one recipe!



We also made Sweet Potato Fries and Peas (for a little green).

A perfect easy homemade meal right from the FREEZER!


What frozen foods do you make at home?


Chili is another one of my favorite meals to make in bulk and freeze for crazy (or laid back) evenings.