Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Years Resolutions

It is that time of year again, when everyone reflects on last years goals and sets new goals for the upcoming year. To be honest, I am not sure if I set any New Years Resolutions last year. In terms of "healthy living" I can say I have come a long way from last year. This time last year I was NOT working out and solely watching what I was eating. This year, I watch in the sense of how many sweets I consume.

For example, when the Edible Arrangement (finally) came today from Jay (he sent it to me while I was sick and he was home for Christmas), I tried not to consume the entire thing... in one sitting. Just kidding, I believe only three of these babies are missing, and Jay ate one!

But, overall I no longer watch in the sense of calorie intake. I simply strive to eat REAL healthy foods 90% of the time.


I am going to continue to work toward eating healthy REAL foods 90% of the time again in 2011. In fact, many of my 2011 Resolutions are fitness and finance related.

First, I want to continue to attend Yoga class twice a week. And, if for some reason class is cancelled, like this morning..., I will do a little 35 minute Yoga routine at home.

A new resolution will be to work The Weight Room into my routine. Just as Emily says in The Weight Room post, if I want to become a better runner and healthier me, I need to start lifting weights. My goal is to incorporate weights 3 days a week.

Well, I started my resolution a little early... like on Sunday!

My final fitness resolution, or maybe goal or aspiration, is I would really like to run a Marathon once in my life time. For some reason I feel like 2011 will be my year. As of right now, Jay and I are planning on running the 2011 Marine Corps Marathon. This may change, but this is the goal!



Now on to the Finances


Last year I had a very lofty financial goal to save 1/4 of my take home pay. The best part is, I was SUCCESSFUL!


This year, I am going to be a little more realistic. I am currently (and want to continue) contributing 5% to my 401K and would like to start contributing an additional 5% to my Roth IRA (which I opened in 2010). That makes an even 10% goal in retirement savings for 2011.


Additionally, I want to continue to save at least $500 a month and one of my extra paychecks. Why $500? It is an easy number for me to remember and transfer every month.


The ultimate goal is to retire early and travel far! I am hoping to have a Bucket List page up in the next few days! So check back often!!


What are some of your 2011 resolutions?