Monday, November 1, 2010

My New Favorite Salad

I think I may have invented my new favorite salad!

A simple kitchen sink salad but with a healthy dollop of Hummus on top! What more could a girl ask for?
By simple, I of course mean diced Tomatoes, Cucumber, Red Pepper, Pasta Shells, Chick Peas and Parmesan Cheese with the dollop of Red Pepper Hummus. Yum!

In other news, last night in the spirit of Halloween, we had Pumpkin Pancakes, Bacon and Sweet Potato Hash Browns.

Can you tell who slept in braids?

I used our Cheese Grater to grate up the Sweet Potato... OK, Jay actually did most of the grating after the pictures were taken. Thanks Cutie!

While it may look like Cheese it is actually Potato!

I was amazed by how mush one hearty potato could make! The idea was to fry them up like Potato Latkes, but they didn't stay together too well. Below is a picture of a good batch ;)

Next Pumpkin Pancakes, or how to empty your pantry! Let's just say the Pumpkin Pancakes had two different types of Pancake Mix, Flax Meal, Water, Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice.

Regardless, they were delicious!

So, the whole meal did come together! But, no recipes as they are all a bit convoluted. Plus, the hash browns did not turn out to my liking. They tasted great but presentation was lacking!

Thankfully, I will had better luck tonight when I championed the Burger, Sweet Potatoes Fries and Salad. Challenge accepted and successfully completed! Sorry no pictures as it was a team effort between me and Jay. I prepped before Yoga and Jay cooked while I was at Yoga.

I feel like I have completely slacked when it comes to my weekend festivities. Check back this week as I update you on Halloween, the Rally to Restore Sanity, the Marine Corps Marathon and a book review. I am feeling lazy, so expect primarily pictures and few words for the events and lots of words for the Book Review.

But for now, more Yoga as I continue to stretch out that leg! My short run was not as successful as I had hoped! Thankfully my foam roller is in its way!

What did you do this past weekend?