Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Traveling Scarf 2

Let me start out by showing you my latest find.


The necklace I am wearing from my grandmother's costume jewelry box. How cool is that?

Since I am always watching my money and have a really hard time buying fun jewelry, I tend to let my jewelry find me. Recently, most of my fun, big and funky jewelry has come from my grandmother's and mom's costume jewelry. Going through your family's old costume jewelry is not only economical but also environmental. So, recycle that jewelry ladies and be fashionable at the same time!

For those who can not find your relatives old costume jewelry, try shopping at Goodwill and Garage Sales. You will be amazed at the fun things you can find for a bargain of a price. Where do you find your big, fun and funky jewelry?

Now, on to my second traveling scarf. This scarf had a simple pattern and a simple request. Knit 2 together, Knit to the end, Knit in the back (as well as the front) of the last stitch. SIMPLE. But, she only wanted shades of blue.

This is all fine and dandy, except that I felt my creative ability stifled. I really wanted to add purple, but I knew the woman wouldn't be happy.



So I followed instructions and choose a tame blue I had for my zig-zag curvy scarf.



I think it turned out pretty well.



Now, some of you may wonder why the strip before me looks color blocked. Well, the simple explanation is the woman before me choose yarn that gradually changes colors. This pattern obviously did not like that.

A simple solution would be to knit every other row with another ball of the same yarn.

Are you a knitter? What knitting project are you working on?