Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Leftover Remix

One of the many things I love about Roasting Vegetables is the LEFTOVERS. Yesterdays Root Roasted Veggies were no exception!

I collected my ingredients, which included the leftover veggies, leftover Quinoa and Beet Greens and a can of Great Northern Beans. This week is a test week for Jay and my roommate so I ate alone and only cooked about 1/2 cup of the beans and put the rest in the fridge.

The veggies are still pretty even right out of the fridge!

Once I nuked the beans for about 1 minute 30 seconds on 70% power, I dumped the beans and veggies into a pan to sauté together.


I put EVOO on the veggies when I baked them, so I decided to to add more in the sautéing process.

I then portioned out a little Quinoa and Beet Greens and popped that in the microwave for about a minute at 70% power.



When the veggies and Great Northern Beans were cooked to perfection I dumped them on top.



And added a little Salt and Pepper to taste.



Mixed, up close and personal.



And, enjoying a fall evening.

I liked this version so much better than with the Maui-Maui. We try to eat fish once a week, so Maui-Maui was a nice diversion from the normal Salmon.

I know some people do not eat leftovers, but I LOVE them. Do you eat leftovers? What have you done recently to REMIX to your leftovers?