Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pizza Pizza

Tonight is knitting! And, the other day I finished, my 5 inches of T's scarf. I am so ready for my next scarf adventure. The Moss stitch was fun, but too easy to mess up.

Once I had finished the scarf I ran. It was a nice day in DC so I knocked out a solid 3 miles before venturing to Trader Joe's to buy dough and a few other odds and ends.

Buy dough? Yup! Cause I was making pizza. Our roommate made pizza using Trader Joe's dough a few Friday's ago and I have been hooked ever since!

I choose the whole wheat dough to give my pizza a healthy twist. After rolling out the dough, I chopped up lots of veggies. I was feeling pretty Italian, so I went with zucchini, tomatoes, green onion and spinach.

Add a little marinara sauce, right out of a jar.

And load that baby up!


I sprinkled a combination of shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese.

After all the toppings were piled high, I folded over the dough to create a crust.

And threw her in the oven for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees.




I don't think I will ever order carry out pizza again. Have you ever made homemade pizza? What is your favorite pizza topping? Share your favorite homemade pizza experience with me.

I t has been chilly and rainy in DC recently. I am hoping to squeeze in a 3 or 4 miler tomorrow! Pray to the warm sun gods for me!