Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarves

Our knitting group organizer decided to start a traveling scarves group within the group. The idea is simple, each individual showed up last night with 5 inches of their scarf, instructions and a pattern. Here is a picture I took of my scarf.

I choose a simple pattern, 27 stitches, *K1, YO, k2tog; rep from *. You can find the pattern here. I am using number 9 needles with number 4 worsted acrylic yarn. My instructions called for any color you can find in the fall. I can't wait to see what it looks like!

The first scarf I got was from our organizer T. Below are the first 5 inches of T's scarf.

She choose a Moss Stitch (Row 1 : K1, *p1, k1, rep from * to end; Row 2: P1 *k1, p1, rep from * to end; Row 3: same as 2nd; Row 4: same as 1st row). She requested merino wool in any color.

Thankfully, she gave us a couple balls of yarn to work with! I don't own any merino wool... Good thing the rest of the group requested worsted yarn. I have a lot of that!!!

And a close up of the moss stitch!

Besides the traveling scarf, I am still on my donation scarf for a child in West Virginia. I need to get moving tho, I have a goal of one scarf a month before we send them off in November.

A little close up! I really like how it is turning out. I wish it had more of a wave to it, but I can't complain it looks good! I hope it makes some nice kid warm and happy!

Off on a 4 mile run!