Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cafe Luna and Drag Queen Race

First, let me apologize for the quality of photos. I did not have much to work with.

Last night, we started our evening at Cafe Luna, which is located near DuPont Circle. I was very impressed with their specials and food quality. Everything tasted soo fresh!

For Happy Hour (3-7 p.m.) we ordered $3 margaritas. And, for dinner we had the Tuesday night special, 1/2 off Burgers! Jay and I paid $30 for three drinks, two burgers, tax and tip. Plus, we left more than satisfied.

Above is my Sirloin Burger with Avocado, Sauteed Onions and Swiss Cheese. My meal only cost $6.20!!! You can't beat that!

Another fun thing about this restaurant is their bathroom. It maybe weird that I took a picture of the bathroom, but come on, isn't that awesome?

After Cafe Luna, we headed over to 17th street for the 24th Annual Drag Queen High Heel Dash. It was PACKED! This race has been occurring annually on the Tuesday before Halloween since 1986.

The dash went by soo quickly! The group I was with decided that the whole event is more about the Drag Queens strutting their stuff than the race, which is ok since we enjoyed watching them strut their stuff more than the actual race.

Below are some pictures of them strutting their stuff for your enjoyment! ;)

What unconventional traditions does your community hold for Halloween?