Friday, September 24, 2010

Roasted Veggies

Lots of fresh vegetables equals roasted veggies! Acorn squash, onions, potatoes, broccoli, OH MY!



I sliced the acorn squash into slices and then shopped it into chunks. I am sorry for all the pictures, it just looks soooo good!



And now they are ready for the oven!

After chopping all the veggies to my hearts content, I loaded them all in a Pyrex dish drizzled some olive oil, sprinkled some salt and pepper and put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.



They're half way there! And I threw in brownies!

These are Buttermilk Brownies courtesy of my coworker. But, of course I added my own little twist!

Here is my version of the recipe:
  • 1 package of brownie mix
  • 1 tbsp dark rum
  • 1/3 cup vanilla coffee creamer
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 melted stick of butter
  • a variety of chocolate and not chocolate morsels (this batch has mini chocolate morsels, vanilla morsels and butterscotch morsels)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Place brownie mix, melted butter, creamer, dark rum and eggs ina large mixing bowl and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated.

Pour the batter evenly into a greased pan. I used an 8x8 plan for thicker brownies, but you can also use a 9x12. Scatter the chocolate chips evenly over the top.

Place the brownies in the over for 20 to 25 minutes. When the edges begin to brown and it no longer jiggles in the middle its done! Pull out of the oven and cool for 30 minutes.

Can you tell Jay liked the batter? Unfortunately, the above oven picture is the only one I have of the brownies.

But, below a pretty picture of the veggies, all done and ready to eat!

We also had salmon with the roasted veggies (because the veggies were obviously the center piece)!

To make my perfect salmon, I first rinse the salmon with cold water. I then place it on a large sheet of tin foil.

I top the fish with some olive oil and salt and pepper. I then fold the tin foil closed like a package (I promise pictures next time of the entire process).

Place it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until solid looking and flaking.

And another close-up. Feast your eyes!

How do you cook your fish?