Monday, September 27, 2010

A Cold at the Beach in Pictures

Friday evening, after a lovely homemade pizza dinner by our roommate, Jay and I drove to the beach. Thursday I came down with a cold creating a little twist and turn into my weekend plans. I did finish my book and got to try various home remedies!



I started my morning with the beloved coffee and oatmeal. I bought honey peanut butter the week before and was very pleased with its presence in my morning oatmeal.



I also threw in Maple Syrup, Cinnamon and Honey Nut Granola.



After breakfast Jay headed down to the beach, while I enjoyed the sun and sand from the balcony. I was very jealous and therefore stalked him from the balcony with my camera.



See all that sun and sand? That is normally where I am. :( And, no first weekend of fall tan either. Instead I ended up with these guys to keep me company, lots of water and tea.


And while this is not vodka, it provided a great companion for my book.



Leftovers for lunch, chilled with a pine nut surprise.



on the balcony of course!



A little trip to my favorite discount store.



Resulting in this Healthy Living Favorite



I have definitely joined the Green Monster Movement.

My two person Green Monster includes:
  • Spinach (a handful or two)
  • 1c Milk
  • 2 Bananas
  • 1c frozen berries
  • Pinch of Cinnamon
They were a good substitute for our usual evening cocktail.



And, for dinner... more leftovers, but this time with shrimp.



On the balcony of course!



And the next morning? More oatmeal and Green Monster's before our trip back home!





How do you deal with being sick on vacation?