Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Italian Millet

Yesterday's post I mentioned my leftovers. But never posted about making the dish!!! oops. Here it is!

Thanks to all the bloggers who talk about millet (especially Theresa and Emily)!

I finally went a bought millet at Whole Foods for Emily's Curried Millet and Chickpea Stuffed Peppers, but then I went to make the recipe I decided that I wasn't feeling curry since I had a cold. Instead I ended up with this. Thanks to Jay for cooking and letting me take a million pictures!



I followed Emily's instructions on cooking Millet.



Sauteed the onions and added the Chickpeas.



Lots of fresh peppers!



And threw the peppers in the pan.


Chopped up some spinach and tossed that on in.



Add a can of diced tomatoes and let it simmer.



The millet took a little longer to cook then expected, but when it was done, we put poured it on top and stirred.



For a little added protein, we also threw a sunny side egg on top.



And the dinner line up looked like....



Now, you may notice that one is not like the others. Well... you are correct, while we cook together some nights, sometimes we all just make our own food. The middle plate is Mary's dinner. She took turkey meatballs and mixed it with a Thai rice dish from Trader Joe's and fresh veggies. It looked amazing!

Do you live with roommates? Do you have group dinners?