Friday, September 3, 2010

Kickball and Gamecocks!!

What a Thursday!!! After the normal daily grind, I ran into DC to meet Jay.

The theory was we could run to kickball instead of our normal morning run. This run was AWFUL!! I decided to carry a backpack, but not an ordinary traditional backpack, I wore one of those rope packs. NEVER AGAIN! My lack of appropriate gear resulted in me half running half walking into the city.

At least we didn't sit in the traffic like the rest of the city!!!


Unfortunately, we lost our kickball game 2-4. At least it was a veteran team, so it could have been a lot worse. Above is a lovely picture of kickball on the mall. LOVE IT!!

Love the sunset!
Usually after kickball we head to our sponsor bar. NOT TONIGHT!!!

You guessed it, tonight was the first night of college football! AND, per tradition the Gamecocks played, so we headed over to our Alumni bar (which is now conveniently close to our home!!!).

Plus, we managed to make a friend a gamecock!!!

And in the great southern tailgating spirit, the bar served beer in solo cups (ok, they were probably just being cheap, let me dream!!). I did have my first Sam Adams Octoberfest of the season!! I heart fall! Plus, appetizers (I worked up an appetite at kickball).

Cajun sliders, yum, yum, yum!


Austen had potato skins and they looked great!

The best part of the Alumni viewing party was seeing old friends. I was able to reconnect with a grad school friend and meet other alumni from my grad program. I love connecting with people! Hopefully, I will now see this friend more often!

What are you looking forward to this fall?!?!?!