Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our Weekend in NYC

This weekend Jay and I were in NYC celebrating our Anniversary and Valentine’s Day.

nyc dinner 2nyc dinner

We started our evening at Trattoria Trecolori with a fantastic dinner. We originally had 6:30 reservations, but they were a little packed and we were enjoying our drinks at the bar so we stayed. We had fantastic service from the bar tender and the pasta, even better.

IMG_1118IMG_1119

Then we were off to the main event, Wicked! Jay and I kept talking about how much we wanted to see Wicked on Broadway. After a little discussion, Jay decided to splurge and buy the tickets for us for the weekend. I am so glad we did!

Believe it or not, this was my first ever Broadway show! and it was so worth it!

IMG_1123

Plus, I got wear my new dress!! Happy happy girl!

IMG_1127IMG_1129

On Saturday, Jay and I walked the High Line, a raised walkway that used to be an elevated railway. I was amazed how many people were out walking even though it was freezing and flurrying.

IMG_1142IMG_1133

After our walk, Jay and I headed to Eatly. Eatly is an Italian style market right off of Madison Square Park. You can go grocery shopping in the various sections, buy some wine or eat. We ended up in the seafood section, but apparently you can order off the same menu in each area except the very popular Pizza Parlor. We sat at the bar and had great service from a very knowledgeable waiter. The food was amazing, but a little pricey. I am glad we decided to share their Minestrone soup and Chickpea Fritters with a roasted red pepper sauce.

IMG_1135

While the meal was delicious, it wasn’t very filling. We left Eatly full but not full enough for our afternoon venture. How lucky for us that the original Shake Shack location was across the street.

IMG_1136

Since it was a celebratory weekend, we decided to splurge and have Concretes. Jay had The Concrete Jungle and I had The Hopscotch. Both were delicious! and very filling!

IMG_1139

With full stomachs, we headed to our afternoon activity, touring the MET. I think we managed to explore every room or just about. We were there nearly 3 hours!

IMG_1147IMG_1149

Since we hadn’t had enough sweets that day, Jay surprised me with a Red Velvet cupcake (my favorite) when we sat down for a drink.

IMG_1151

Since we hadn’t had enough food already, we ended the evening at Katz’s Delicatessen.

IMG_1153

You may remember from Katz’s from this movie.

IMG_1158image

And yes, we had what she was having!!

IMG_1154

Jay got the Corn Beef sandwich and I had 1/2 a Reuben with Matzo Ball Soup. I have to say the only thing we were not fond of was the picked cucumber. Alas, it was a very filling meal!!

IMG_1155IMG_1156

This morning, we grabbed a bagel and coffee at Brooklyn Bagel & Coffee Company. I have been craving a NYC style bagel for weeks and this certainly hit the spot and kept me full all the way home!

IMG_1159

Now the metro ride once I got home, now that is another story!!!

How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day?