Friday, February 10, 2012

An Early Eight

WooHoo, I got my run back! This morning I hit the pavement early and knocked out 8 miles. This was by no means my fastest 8, in fact I was a little disappointed with my time 1:18 minutes (almost a 10 min/mile pace). But, I learned a lot on this run.

This run was as I was coming off of a nasty cold that has thrown my workout schedule since last Friday. Yikes! This weekend I should have run 10 miles, in fact last weekend I should have run 9 miles but only ran 4. All of a sudden I have logged three 8 mile runs and skipped my 7, 9 and 10. This was not the training schedule I was anticipating!

This is why this run was so valuable. It gave my the time to evaluate where I am and what my goals are for the USA Rock ‘N’ Roll 1/2. I would love to break 2 hours, but I run because I love to run. I love how running makes me feel and I love how it makes me look. This morning as I looked over Washington as the sun rises I realized that yes, conquering a time goal would feel great, but honestly just getting out this morning I felt great and I am glad I conquered all 8 miles whatever the pace.

IMG_1114

After arriving home, I quickly showered and enjoyed some glorious oatmeal. I have to say a lot is going on in that oatmeal, but with my packed schedule today I figured I should try to squeeze as many things into one meal as possible.

I am now off to get ready for the evening. Big date tonight with Jay and all I have to say is it involves this dress ;)

IMG_1117