Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Welcome Home

Who is ready for a really really random post? But first, dinner.

IMG_0877

Tonight I had a modified Chipotle Bowl. Modified simply because as I was making it, I realized I didn’t have half of the normal ingredients… oops! The one good thing about Chipotle Bowls is they can be as versatile as a traditional salad.

The chips are Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips, which are AMAZING. Seriously, do yourself a favor and go try them.

As promised, I also have a few apartment sneak peaks. Nothing big, just a shot of our TV stand from the couch and into the bed room from the couch (can you sense the laziness?).

IMG_0880IMG_0879

So I guess this means Jay and I have our first home together. A comfy little studio apartment home. The main reason we choose this studio apartment was because it essentially has a bedroom. I don’t think they can call it a bedroom because of the french doors and the awkward 5 inch break between the ceiling and the wall.

Regardless, I love it and am so happy that it is 95% put together. I made some real progress tonight and was even able to do my post move-in vacuum.

roommates

While both Jay and I like our new apartment, we are sad that we had to say good-bye to our roommate Mary. Mary moved back to California for her final clinical internship. We had a lot of fun living with her for 15 months, learned a lot from her and will miss her daily. At least we know we get to see her this spring.