Thursday, September 15, 2011

Confessions

My crazy crazy week is almost over! No day this week was like a “normal” day for me. I started the week working off-site and then at home. I returned to one of my yoga classes to find a different instructor teaching. Thankfully, it is an instructor I have had class with before and really like. Weekly yoga may be back! I had one of the most painless dentist appointments ever. I was in and out in about 20 minutes with sparkling teeth. I had a friend over for dinner for a night of Weeds. And tonight I am going to a work happy hour and dinner with my mom, her friend and my brother. Hopefully I’ll take pictures and do a recap (but don’t push your luck).

Wow, this week has been busy.

And in the midst of all this craziness, I still managed to finish a book.

IMG_0338

I am very late to the game on the Confession of a Shopaholic bandwagon. While I did enjoy the book, I have to be honest and say it stressed me out.

The main character Rebecca Bloomwood (Becky) has a major shopping problem. She uses shopping as an escape from her boring job as a financial journalist and almost to keep up with her glamorous friends. Amidst it all, she can’t afford her lifestyle. She tries numerous ways to cut back, but just finds herself more and more in debt. And as a result founded by the local bank.

The book is definitely a page turner. I kept reading hoping things would get better for Becky. And it did, but the constant lies and bank dodging got to me.

I would recommend this book to most people. It’s a light book and easy to read. But if you are good with your money and keep to a strict budget, be forewarned this book is probably not for you!

What did you think of Confessions of a Shopaholic? Should I keep reading the series?