Thursday, August 18, 2011

Something Blue

I can’t believe tomorrow is the Healthy Living Summit! I can’t wait to get to Philly to meet everyone. I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while because I get to spend it with my high school friend Theresa.

247270_516843885425_187400178_30363109_2359190_n

This is my first blogger conference so I am excited and nervous at the same time. I can’t wait to meet everyone and see how they are in real life compared to their blog!

Tonight Jay and I went to dinner at The Palms. It was delicious and a great way to start off the evening! I debated about documenting the meal for the blog, but decided some experiences are best left to enjoy on our own. Instead I have another book review for you, this time Something Blue by Emily Giffin, the follow-up to Something Borrowed.

IMG_0064

Something Blue from the other best friend’s point of view. This book does not simply retell the same story through another person, it continues into the future. After reading Something Borrowed, I was not impressed with the character Darcy. Something Blue is about stepping back from Rachel’s point of view and stepping into Darcy’s.

At the beginning, I found the book more interesting then, as I kept reading, I fell in love with the character. I found it interesting to see what Darcy saw, to perceive things as she did. Later you learn to love the character as she matures and stops being so concerned with herself and becomes more invested in others.

Something Blue is an eye opening book of what it’s like when someone thinks they have lost it all to only find they have gained so much more.

Don’t stop reading after Something Borrowed, because Something Blue is just as captivating and just as good!