Sunday, June 12, 2011

National Cathedral

Wow, what a busy busy weekend!!! Even though I had Friday off, today was the only day I had the opportunity to plan as I pleased.

A few weeks ago, my friend Lauren said she was going to start attending church at the National Cathedral more frequently.

Pic_0612_022

Since moving to DC I have not found a church. While the National Cathedral is a bit far for me on a Sunday morning, I do enjoy their service and they have a 20s/30s group!!

Jay and I first attended the cathedral for service over New Years with our friend Bri. She was visiting over the Holidays and wanted to go to church. Immediately I thought of the National Cathedral! That way she would get to go to church, Jay and I would finally get to church and we would all be able to take in the immensity of the place. It was perfect.

Since this Sunday was the first in a long time that I did not have plans, I decided to join Lauren. I am so glad I did! After a long weekend it was very nice to take a moment to reflect on what is truly important in life. And, coincidentally today is Pentecost, so I felt like a good Episcopalian attending church on a holiday :)

Pic_0612_020

Plus who doesn’t love a church who displays the Maryland and South Carolina flag next to each other?!?!?!

While I know that attending church every Sunday is an unrealistic goal for me, I do hope to attend church more regularly. I am excited to have Lauren to go with and Jay and I hope to go to church with our friends in Alexandria in the next few weeks.

Do you attend service regularly? Have you had trouble finding a new house of worship when you move?