Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Crock Pot Greek Chicken Pitas

As promised last week, tonight I bring you recipe. A cookbook recipe from my Crock Pot Recipe Book.

Pic_0621_023
You may remember this cookbook from my post on Best Friend BBQ. That was actually the first time I used the cookbook! Crazy huh?!?! Now that I have my very own Crock Pot I am sure this cookbook will get a lot more use.
Greek Chicken Pitas with Creamy Mustard Sauce
adopted from Crockpot-The Original Slow Cooker (3 Books in 1)
Filling:
  • 1 medium Green Pepper Sliced
  • 1 medium Onion, cut into wedges
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt, Pepper and Basil
Sauce:
  • 1/4 c plain fat-free yogurt
  • 1/4 c Mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp Mustard
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
4 Pita Rounds

1/2 c Crumbled Feta Cheese

Sliced Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Olives

image
Directions:
  1. Coat your Crock Pot with cooking spray. Place the green peppers and onion on the bottom. Add Chicken and drizzle Olive Oil and sprinkle seasoning.
  2. Cover and cook on high for 1 3/4 hours or until Chicken is no longer pink.
  3. Remove Chicken and slice. Remove veggies using a slotted spoon.
  4. Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients and whisking until smooth.
  5. Warm pitas, cut in half and fill with chicken, veggies and feta cheese.
Pic_0621_024

Eeek sorry for the bad pic, the closest camera was my phone. But you know what they say, the best camera is the one you have on ya! My only complaint/mistake was I did not thaw the chicken causing it to take almost twice as long. As a result we had leftovers for dinner and I have packed these pitas for our lunches tomorrow.

 

Have you had a kitchen timing debacle? How did you cope?