Thursday, May 19, 2011

Messy Messy Spaghetti

DSCN7120

This afternoon Jay and I had a little miscommunication about our evening activities. As a result, I complied with his wishes and we did what his heart desired. This included riding our bikes to the Mt. Vernon trail, playing catch, riding into Old Town and eating Spaghetti.

Spaghetti is Jay’s favorite meal, so we make it often. So often, in fact, that I have not only perfected my recipe, but I have several (to keep ME interested).

Tonight's recipe included only five ingredients:

  • Rigatoni Pasta
  • Diced Tomatoes with basil, Garlic & Oregano
  • Mixed Frozen Pepper Strips
  • Italian Style Meatballs
  • Mozzarella Cheese

DSCN7124

And the directions are just as simple:

  1. Boil water. Once the water comes to a rolling boil, add Rigatoni and let cook for 14 minutes.
  2. While you are waiting for the water to boil, add the meatballs, diced tomatoes and frozen peppers to another pot. DO NOT DRAIN the tomatoes. When the mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low heat.
  3. Once the Rigatoni is cooked, drain and return to its pot. Pour the sauce over the rigatoni and mix them.
  4. Serve with mozzarella cheese.

DSCN7121

Now that is the best way to recover from an afternoon bike ride!

What date night would define your spouse or significant other? What is his/her favorite meal, or do they prefer to eat out?

On a completely different note:  I know my poor camera from the summer of 2006 is dying :( Please let me know if you have any point-and-shoot camera suggestions. Jay has a DSLR… I promise to start using his camera more for blog pictures!!!