Monday, April 11, 2011

20 minute Groceries

As you know from Friday, I just got engaged!! With out of town guests, I had little time to grocery shop this weekend. Thankfully in March we went a little over board, so I am planning on using our staples this week.

DSCN7018

This week I bought:

  • 5 Oranges
  • 4 Bananas
  • Strawberries
  • 3 Sweet Potatoes
  • 2 Red Peppers
  • Carrots
  • 3 Romaine Hearts
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Zucchini
  • Broccoli
  • Pancake Mix
  • 2 Tofu packs
  • 2 Creamers
  • 5 Yogurts
  • 1 can Black Beans
  • White Chocolate Chips
  • 1 loaf of Bread

DSCN7017

The total came to $44.32. Since I did not have time to clip coupons and read the bargain section I shopped solely off of store specials and coupon dispensers at the market. I saved a total of $10.31, not bad for shopping without any planning!

I promise to be back this week with a few more substantial posts. While Jay and I are very excited to plan our wedding, I do not plan to include the nitty gritty details on this blog. I do hope to give y’all a little insight into our process. More importantly, I plan to continue to bring you the usual including a comprehensive look at our journey to run the Marine Corps Marathon this fall.

Do you grocery shop with a list or do you wing it?

How do you save money at the grocery store?