Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sweet Potatoes! What a Productive Evening!

Tonight, I had a few time consuming things on my agenda (aka laundry, cleaning and working out). I took care of it easily with a little multi-tasking. While I washed my clothes, I trimmed and watered the plants (boy did they need it) and cleaned the bathroom.



I love a clean bathroom! It just made my day! While I dried my clothes I worked out. 20 minutes on the bike, lifted wights for 15 and another 10 minutes on the bike. I had no pain or swelling in my ankle at all - all day. I am contemplating trying the elliptical tomorrow... but will probably be good, take it easy and just do the bike. At least I have been good in the food arena.

After my workout and gathering my laundry, I headed up to the kitchen for dinner.



Trader Joe's Veggie Burgers!!! I am now obsessed with their Veggie Burger line. I am two for two. You can read about my recap of the Vegetable Marsala Burger here.



But, tonight let me tell you about Trader Joe's Veggie Burger. It was simple to fry up on the stove and delicious served over avocado and Swiss cheese.



On the side, I enjoyed Sweet Potato Chips.



Sweet Potato Chips (serves 2)

Ingredients:
  • 1 Sweet Potato
  • Salt
  • Cinnamon
  • Cooking Spray (or Spray Oil)

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Wash and slice the Sweet Potato thinly.

2. Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with Cooking Spray. Spread the Sweet Potato slices out on the cookie sheet. make sure the slices do not overlap.

3. Spray the slices with Cooking Spray and sprinkle with Salt ad Cinnamon.

4. Bake for 30 minutes until the Sweet Potatoes begin to curl around the edges or are beginning to brown. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven and let the chips sit in the oven for about 15 minutes so they become crunchy.



I ended the evening with a nice beverage in front of Minute to Win It. I feel like beer is so much classier in a wine glass, don't you think? I had never watched the show before tonight, but boy was it addicting!!! I don't feel too bad about the lost hour or two, as I also folded my laundry!!!



What a pleasant evening!!!

How would you describe a productive but relaxing evening?