Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Jay!

Five years ago today I went on a trip with my soon to be boyfriend and have not looked back since.

Five birthdays later, it is amazing to look back at pictures and see how much we have grown both physically and mentally since we met.

I am so thankful that I have been there to see it all!

He is my best friend and favorite travel companion.

My sous chef, camera man and dishwasher.

Always willing to learn. Always willing to help. And, always putting my needs before his own.

He always make me feel so special and important. So, on this day, his birthday, I decided to make it all about him.

Upon his request we "slept in". After waking up I jumped in the shower, when I emerged a mere 10 minutes later, I found him in his favorite spot, doing his favorite thing...

Notice, it's light outside, I can't remember the last weekday I woke up and the sun was up too! I made him a nice breakfast. A few nights ago, he had baked some bacon. I chopped up some pepper, onions and bacon and threw it all in a nice hearty omelet.

Mine had spinach instead of bacon.

For dinner, I made my meat-eater some Logan County Hamburgers from Katie Lee Joel's The Comfort Table. A Christmas present from my roommate Mary.

It was pretty quick and easy to make and simply delicious. The burgers are a nice hybrid of a hamburger and a grilled cheese sandwich. Mmm-mmm-delicious! I served the burgers with sweet potato chips and pickles (which turned out to be jalapeno flavored... his least favorite... oops!).

I think we all agreed it was a great way to spend a birthday. And, per his request Mary and I humored him as we played his favorite game, Pinochle...

and let him win ;)

How do you make your significant other's birthday special?