Friday, October 29, 2010

Enchiladas Take 2

Tonight our friends Paul and Hilary came over for dinner. Ironically, Hilary and I are friends from high school and Paul and Jay both attended the same high school at different times in South Carolina. Small world, right?!?!?!

Anyway, we usually go out to dinner in Old Town and then enjoy Pop's Ice Cream. In an effort to mix it up and to save our pockets, Jay and I invited Paul and Hilary over for Veggies Enchiladas. I followed How Sweet It Is's recipe again.

This time around, I used almost all of the same ingredients, minus the broccoli.

I also used larger quantities, as I was feeding 6.

I also increased the veggie quantity to one whole Onion, a whole Potato, a package of sliced Mushrooms and about 1/2 the bag of frozen Mixed Pepper Strips. A BIG thanks to Jay for chopping the veggies this evening. I managed to cut my finger instead of the onion :/

I also used the entire can of Black Beans, Red Enchilada Sauce and Refried Beans.

Tonight, we also had a lovely salsa spread. TJ's sells Guacamole kits, Mary picked one up today and made it. We also had traditional Salsa and TJ's Corn Salsa.

We ended the evening with a game of Settlers of Catan.

LinkIt was an early evening as Paul and Hilary were expecting out-of-town guests and we needed our sleep for the Rally for Sanity tomorrow. Are you going?