Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shrimp and Veggies!!!

Tuesdays are always busy in our house because I am either attending Line Dancing with the girls or Knitting.

I truly enjoy my knitting group because of the diversity in ages of the women. Opinions from a woman who has already experienced something is always welcome.

The only problem is that now that I live in Crystal City, attending Knitting in Alexandria is a hassle, unless I go straight from work. Which means I am eating dinner at my desk. :(

Tonight was also the only night Jay and I could have dinner together, making Line Dancing a more appropriate choice for the evening. To be honest, I did not do much dancing at Line Dancing, but it is always nice to see the girls during the week. :)

Since I had limited time to make dinner, here is my shrimp 30 minute or less meal.

Boil 1 cup of water, then add one cup of instant brown rice. Simmer for 5 minutes, let stand for 5 minutes.

In a larger pot (like the one you use to make spaghetti), bring water to a boil.

Using the grill plan, I grilled asparagus and red peppers. Once the asparagus and peppers started to look grilled I threw in some spinach.

Once the large pot of water is boiling, throw in the (just rinsed off) shrimp. When the shrimp turn pink and float to the top they are done!

Viola! Dinner is served!

And our spread!

This meal took such little time that I could even read some of Eat Pray Love before heading out the door!