Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sit-ups, Push-ups and Planks Oh My!

In my never ending quest of fitness, I have added a little strength training to my workout. This whole idea of living a more fit lifestyle started with the running, and as with most runners, I eventually realized a little strength training couldn't hurt.

Since I am currently gym membership-less, I began this journey with the good ole fashion sit-ups, push-ups and planks. I am such a girl about it!! I try to do about 10 reps of each (ok, laugh) 2 times (you can stop laughing now), twice a day. Amazingly, two days in and I am really starting to feel it!

The goal is to eventually join the gym, once I move and it is more convenient and I am more likely to go. I would like to start doing yoga as well as BodyPump (a strength training class).

Wish me luck!!!!

How do you work in a little strength training into your day?