Thursday, July 8, 2010

Boston part 3

I promise this will be my last Boston post. Especially considering I leave for Florida tomorrow!! I am very very excited for Florida and to hang out with my two college besties but am also excited for the my weekend home the following weekend. (Note to self - being away 6 weekends in a row is a bit obsessive).

Back to Boston: The main goal of this trip was to visit long lost friends and family. Half of my mother's family lives in Massachusetts so unfortunately we only had time to visit a family. The family being my oldest cousin Pam, her husband (Doug) and two daughters. We arrived at their house Friday night to see the girls off to bed, drink a glass of wine and hear about Doug's broken leg.

Saturday, we got up and accomplished our second visiting goal of the trip, to see my ex-boss/friend Veronica. We grabbed breakfast with her at a local diner which was delicious and ridiculously cheap. It was great to catch-up and now I am uber pumped about going to California in March. (FYI - I will be living in Cali in 5 years)

After breakfast we headed into Boston to meet my cousin and her girls at the Aquarium. I have been to the Boston Aquarium but I forgot how much there is to really see there. Plus, going to the aquarium with children is a whole other (good) experience. Kids get excited about everything! I love it!

After a snack at Faneuil Hall and Quincy Marketplace we said good-bye and met up with Luke.

Overall, a great weekend!