Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Flying to New Zealand

We made it! It only took us 20 hours...

Our flight was no whee near as bad as I thought it would be. That being said I did sleep almost 6 hours :). Poor Jay only got three hours of shut eye.



I highly recommend Qantas. They took very good care of us on our 15 hour flight and held our Auckland flight for us (and the 40 other people flying there).

Things I learned from our experience, neck pillows and sleeping pills are key (see above about how much sleep ingot versus Jay). I love Downton Abbey. Both Jay and I are hooked! We made the mistake of watching other shows/movies when we boarded the plane and were really disappointed when our Sydney-Auckland flight only had Series 2 (God forbid).

Now that we have gone grocery shopping and inhaled our McDonald's lamb burgers, we're off to bed.