Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIAW: Post Marathon Eating Habits

We are almost 100 days out till the wedding. And I am still eating like I run marathons (um I run halves now... duh!!)

I don’t want to give you the impression that I want to lose a lot of weight, but I do want a toned tummy. The only way to tone up is to start being a little more accountable for what I put in my mouth.

Therefore today I participated in “What I Ate Wednesday” or WIAW started by Peas and Crayons.

This morning I woke up to an Oatmeal Pancake, Coffee and Orange Juice. It was the perfect start to my day and the perfect filler after an intense workout.

IMG_1196IMG_1199

I broke down around 10 for a coffee and some pretzel rods. I swear this snack looks worse than it is, I was at the end of the bag (there were seriously five pretzels in there).

imageimage

Later I indulged in some yogurt with a little Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal and Blueberries.

image

My main course was a very reasonable looking salad. And then I ended my work day with an apple with peanut butter (I felt like I was lacking protein) and some Girl Scout cookies (b/c serving them on post-it notes IS classy).

imageimage

Tonight, I met up with Melissa, a high school friend. WE usually meet up for happy hour, but we mixed it up a bit this time and met at her place for a drink before going out for Indian food.

imageimage

The food was delicious!! I came home full (with left overs). Double win!

For those of you wondering we split everything, so no I did not consume all that food myself.

I am soo glad I stuck to my gun and did WIAW this week. Today literally showed me that I eat A LOT!! Sometimes I like to pretend I am still marathon training but in reality I know I need to reel it in a little. Oops!!

Maybe WIAW will become a staple and I reevaluate my post marathon training eating habits :)

Are you a snacker? or do you eat a few meals a day?