Wednesday, March 28, 2012

There is a App for That!

What is it with me and What I Ate Wednesday? Like last week,  I forgot all about WIAW until after lunch. Yikes, 2 weeks in a row. Thankfully, I was able to reshoot my snacks and lunch at home, but poor breakfast will have to be left to your imagination.

It's not hard to imagine a cup of coffee and oatmeal with shredded coconut and almond butter, right?!?!

As I have mentioned before, I hope to participate in “What I Ate Wednesday” or WIAW started by Peas and Crayons, every Wednesday until the wedding.

Breakfast - see above :)

This weekend, my sister-in-law showed me the greatest app, Pic Stitch. Obviously, I am now obsessed with this app and want to use it in every post I publish. While I promise not to do just that, I have found it is great for restaurant recaps and documenting WIAW. In order to use said app I condensed my snacks below. Typically I start snacking about 10 a.m. and snack every hour to hour-and-a-half throughout the day. Oh the bad habits of a desk job. At least I have healthified my snacks! This week I picked up extra fruit and vegetables at the store.

Snacks – 1/2 cup of Chili, Pumpernickel Pretzel Rods, a Plum, Grapes and Kale Chips

image

Lunch - Romaine Lettuce with Green Pepper, Broccoli, Chickpeas and Feta Cheese

image

Sadly, I wrote this post on my lunch break and then got distracted and ate my salad without photographing it!!! Good thing my salads look pretty similar from day to day in one week. But I am really starting to wonder how I turned into such a forgetful person!!

Dinner – Cheese Quesadilla, Tomato Soup and a glass of Red Wine

IMG_1315

And while we are talking about Apps (and it is Wedding Wednesday!!) has anyone used Wedding Snap? We (ok just me) have been researching ways to collect wedding photos from our guests.

I finally decided that we will use Wedding Snap and a Shutterfly Share Site to collect wedding photos. Each have their pro's and cons so obviously I choose to do BOTH. Wedding Snap is an app that automatically loads the photos to a site for the bride and groom. Guests can either take pictures using the app at the wedding and none-smart-phone guests can upload photos online afterward. Shutterfly Share Sites have guests upload their photos through Shutterfly or guests can just send an e-mail (with the photos attached) to a designated e-mail address and the photos will be automatically upload.

Wedding guests: Instructions to download the app are now available on our wedding website (address is located on your invitation).

Budget Savvy Bride actually had a Wedding Snap giveaway yesterday! Of course I took advantage of it and received one of the 20 free original packages. I claimed the code today, so there still maybe a few left, go check it out!!

Also, if you are getting married this year check out Groupon's current offer for half off a Name-Changing Service from MissNowMrs.com. This is a Maryland based company that my Dad told me about earlier this year. It simplifies the process of you changing your name and provides you with all the forms :).

 

Are you good about documenting your food?

 

How did you collect wedding photos from your guests?