Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stacy and Howard’s Wedding

This past weekend Jay and I attended one of my coworker's’ wedding. Considering how much time we all spend at work, I felt as if I knew a good deal of what to expect at this wedding, but my expectations were blown out of the water. This was truly a beautiful wedding and both Jay and I had a fantastic time.

IMG_0364

The isle was lined with candles, some of which were floating in water. So beautiful.

IMG_0367IMG_0368

Here comes the bride!

IMG_0371

This was both Jay and my first Jewish wedding. Stacy did a great job explaining all of the Jewish traditions in the program.

IMG_0372

What is a wedding without a spill. Unfortunately, I was the one who did it, during cocktail hour (after one drink) and with red wine :(. Thankfully the girl who got a little splashed on her was wearing a dark color and was a very good sport about it.

IMG_0375

Despite the fact that I have no pictures of the band or any good ones of anyone dancing, this was a party. At least I caught a good picture of the bride and groom during their first dance.

IMG_0379IMG_0373

The table arrangements were beautiful!

IMG_0378

We even each got our own rose at our place.

IMG_0385

While the entire salad plate was good, my favorite portion was the baked brie.

IMG_0388

Dinner was also amazing. The chicken was cooked to perfection and who doesn’t love a good portion of mashed potatoes!

IMG_0377

And lastly, dessert! The cake was beautiful, but nothing to what arrived at our table.

IMG_0397

We were each served a small piece of wedding cake, crème brûlée on an amazing white chocolate disk and sorbet. Two of our table mates snuck out early, so our table gladly split the extra desserts.

Overall a beautiful wedding! Wishing both of you a world of happiness! Mazel tov!